The Future is NAO
NAO is the world’s leading and most widely used humanoid robot for education, healthcare, and research. NAO is 22in tall, autonomous, and fully programmable robot that can walk, talk, listen to you, and even recognize your face.
The fruit of a unique combination of mechanical engineering and software, NAO is a character made up of a multitude of sensors, motors and software piloted by a made-to-measure operating system: NAOqi OS.
- 25 degrees of freedom: for movement
- Two cameras: to see its surroundings
- An inertial measurement unit: which lets the robot detect if it is upright or sitting down
- Touch sensors: to detect your touch
- Four directional microphones: so NAO can hear you
How does NAO work?
Made up of a unique combination of hardware and software, NAO consists of sensors, motors and software driven by NAOqi, a dedicated operating system. This combination of technologies gives NAO the ability to detect its surroundings. Using the embedded software, NAO is then able to interpret what it has detected and activate programmed responses.